Monday, August 20, 2007

Creating A Search Friendly Website At Fraction Of Cost

A client of mine for whom I was managing his internet marketing was using a CMS package . At first look, it was really impressive. It simplified the inventory control, shopping cart, managing multiple stores, automatic installation and tracking with Google Analytics. All good stuff.

I asked him to edit his content and add some keywords and relevant content on this web page and here's what he told me - it costs $40,000 to create the page... !! I thought I had heard him wrong, mine being a VOIP phone and all that, he repeated it. Yes, it costs $40,000.

Well, I thought, I created my website for under a couple of hundred dollars. So I offered him a package deal where he could get the content written, optimized and all the graphic design and logo done at a fraction of that cost. The CMS I used - Drupal.

Drupal is a wonderful wonderful CMS package. The problem is that it is all over the place. You need to spend time and have the patience to figure out what goes where and personally I feel it is under used.

So we at SeoEcom, created a video tutorial with more than 20 videos that show users how to create a website that is search friendly.

We have also added some free resources that can be downloaded and has features like creating polls, surveys, blogs, sitemaps, webforms, image galleries and plenty more. Its been a month long effort, with us techies going to long lenghts to keep it simple so even my grandmother can understand.

It also comes with automatic updates, modules and information to help keep the owner of the video tutorial upto date at all times.

We are ready to roll out this video tutorial, which is an instant download, in 2 days time. Watch out for this space.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

No comments: